Marketing The Church      Marketing that Rocks     Marketing that Sucks     Marketing Toolbar     Email Michael

Friday, January 26, 2007

Second Best Ain't Good Enough

One of my pet peeves is passing off second rate stuff as "good enough" because it is by or for Christians. If you are representing Christ you better be leading the pack, not following behind. The Church should be a leader of culture, but it seems to lag behind.

A few weeks ago I attended a service at Windsor Crossing. The service was done by the youth group and it is one of the best Sunday mornings I have had in a long time. It is refreshing to see talented young people giving their best for God. These guys rocked, and did some really cool lighting and video stuff that I have never seen before.

I told my wife that I don't remember ever seeing something in a church service that impressed me or made me wonder how they pulled it off. Churches today are still patting themselves on the back for using overheads or projectors- big deal. These kids had me saying this is cool, how did they do that, and getting emotional. I have a pretty intlellectual approach to God. I love to worship with my mind. It was a great feeling to be a part of something excellent and I found myself getting emotional too.

If we really want to reach our culture we need to be leaders not followers. When non-Christians want to be a part of a Christian event because it is superior we will be doing our jobs.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home