Marketing The Church      Marketing that Rocks     Marketing that Sucks     Marketing Toolbar     Email Michael

Monday, February 27, 2006

How Do You Spell GOD?

Hope International University is putting on a production of Godspell. According to the producers "Godspell is a dynamic presentation of the Gospel of Matthew told through pantomime, dance, parable and song. Follow the journey of Christ as he teaches his followers to trust him and brings them together in community."

Putting the Gospel in a modern context is a terrific idea. Putting the Gospel in a 1960's context I'm not so sure about. I saw a production of this play put on by a group from my church. It seems a little dated to me, for example the term Godspell iself is not contemporary parlance. I think it would be cool to do the same thing for 2006, but I guess that would be a lot harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home